‘Well, Knipe, my boy. Now that it’s finished, I just called you in to tell you I think you’ve done a fine job.’ Adolph Knipe stood still in front of Mr Bohlen’s desk. There seemed to be no enthusiasm in him at all. ‘Aren’t you pleased?’ ‘Oh yes, Mr Bohlen.’ ‘Did you see what the papers said this morning?’ ‘No, sir, I didn’t.’ The man behind the desk pulled a folded newspaper towards him, and began to read: ‘The building of the great automatic computing engine, ordered by the government some time ago, is now complete. It is probably the fastest electronic calculating machine in the world today. Its function is to satisfy the ever-increasing need of science, industry, and administration for rapid mathematical calculation which, in the past, by traditional methods, would have been physically impossible, or would have required more time than the problems justified. The speed with which the new engine works, said Mr John Bohlen, head of the firm of electrical engineers mainly responsible for its construction, may be grasped by the fact that it can provide the correct answer in five seconds to a problem that would occupy a mathematician for a month. In three minutes, it can produce a calculation that by hand (if it were possible) would fill half a million sheets of foolscap paper. The automatic computing engine uses pulses of electricity, generated at the rate of a million a second, to solve all calculations that resolve themselves into addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. For practical purposes there is no limit to what it can do …’

galactic cafe

Video monetization

I, Davey Wreden, founder of Galactic Cafe, give full permission for anyone to record, stream, and upload any videos of our games (including Stanley Parable) to anywhere on the internet, and to monetize these videos with ads. No need to ask our permission, go forth, and cultivate revenue. Sow the seeds of your own financial viability. Monetize, and all is right with the world.

Signed,
Davey Wreden
Galactic Cafe
October 22, 2013

October 21, 2013 by davey 35 comments

1. Patacorow 10 months ago Reply

Very cool of you! Can’t wait for the Reddit AMA.

2. Stijn 10 months ago Reply

Is this a subtle hint to “Day one: garry’s incident”‘s incident?

3. Rasmus Jørgensen 10 months ago Reply

Thanks guys! I just resubmitted my videos to youtube for copyright check with a link to this. :)

4. ImperatorRZ 10 months ago Reply

Hello! I’m doing a full Let’s Play of the game and it is going to be complete (all endings, easter eggs and have branches for decisions as they come).

Since this game is completely reliant on the story I wouldn’t feel right doing this since the story will (mostly) be presented in my series.

I’m only a small youtuber (28 subs as of this post) so I don’t expect to lower your sales or anything but, would there be a way to maybe donate some of the revenue to Galactic Cafe? (Even though it will be a LONG time before I reach the $100 minimum)

• davey 10 months ago Reply

haha don’t worry about it, please keep the revenue :)

• Jacob 7 months ago Reply

Dude you are so awesome you are my hero man

• Hayden Schiff 9 months ago Reply

Nicest person of the century right here. This is a pretty late comment, but if you’re still feeling bad about making your Let’s Play, you could always buy a couple extra copies of the game and then give them away on steamgifts.com.

5. ShenGAME 10 months ago Reply

Hai Davey, I thank you for the effort. Here’s the points I get from the google site when I open the link:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2490090 says:
    “Explicit permission to use the rights holder’s content commercially
    Limitations/conditions concerning your use of content specified by rights holder, if applicable
    URL of your video or, if you use the content in multiple videos, your channel name
    Electronic signature with date (this can be as simple as the rights holder writing out his full name at the bottom of the document).”

Youtube is taking it quite seriously, which I think is justified seeing as they would not want any made content, be it indie or from big companies, copied or misused by any youtube users.

6. Another guy 10 months ago Reply

W00T W00T W00T! Awesome Davey, Awesome! W00T W00T W00T! Kill all the beggars in Orgrimmar!

7. Ben 10 months ago Reply

Wow, Davey. My respect for you just jumped about two hundred percent.

8. Mitchell Richards 10 months ago Reply

My thanks for your choice! Excellent decision! Please continue to spread your mentality.

9. Aeterna 10 months ago Reply

Very cool statement, which begets respect.

10. ThePenguinFace 10 months ago Reply

Hey, I just downloaded TSB and I can’t start it… “thestanleyparable\GameInfo.txt is not a valid format” is the message I got… help plz?

• davey 10 months ago Reply

Try going into the game properties and hitting Verify Cache Integrity

11. Tylor 10 months ago Reply

Does that include if I right it for a paper in front of my peers

12. Maix Mamelok 10 months ago Reply

Does this include the sound track also you are a great person with a great game

13. MARTHA 10 months ago Reply

Hola, tengo algunos problemas para iniciar mi juego, ya que SE INICIA EL JUEGO PERO DESPUES NO PUEDO SEGUIR, SE ESCUCHA LA MUSICA Y LOS MOVIMIENTOS QUE HAGO, PERO LA PANTALLA ESTA TOTALMENTE EN NEGRO, he contactado a la gente de STEAM, y me dieron la siguiente solucion, Haz clic con el botón derecho en tu Biblioteca y dirígete a Propiedades > Archivos Locales > Verificar Integridad de Caché del Juego, Después de que Steam verifique la caché del juego, intenta volver a ejecutarlo. Lo he realizado en varias ocasiones y el juego sigue igual de hecho se queda la pantalla en negro cuando el narrador esta diciendo: “NADIE HABIA VENIDO A DARLE INSTRUCCIONES, LLAMAR PARA UNA REUNION, O SIQUIERA DECIR HOLA”, ojala me puedan ayudar, gracias

14. Chris Rees 10 months ago Reply

I want to buy Stanley but Steam won’t let me. Tried via Paypal and Visa but Steam won’t let me. Reason? My computer (and myself) is not in the same country as my Visa/Paypal account. Just wanted to let you know Steam is costing you money.

15. Matt 10 months ago Reply

I only know about The Stanley Parable because of watching play-throughs on youtube. It was Sips actually, I enjoyed watching him play. Your game speaks volumes about how clever, insightful and deviously mischevious you must be. Far from having the story ruined for me it made me want to have a crack at it myself, knowing full well the game is an irrisistable taunt, mocking me while I play and manipulating me in a way that reveals how utterly childish I am as a supposedly adult human. Fascinating to watch and I would imagine hugely entertaining to play. So impressive that I registered with Steam to download it. Unfortunately due to the nature of my work I own a Mac so I won’t be able to buy your game right now. It’s probably quite complicated to make a game port to a different OS but if you do ever manage it please be assured you have a customer in me. Good luck with everything. I’m incredibly impressed with what I’ve seen so far. More media should let the end user know that they are pressing buttons in response to a command that tells them what button to press and for how long. And that they are powerless. And predicatable.

• Raven 9 months ago Reply

Consider Boot Camp as an option until a Mac version is released. Worth having a Windows partition around for these kind of things. apple.com/support/bootcamp

16. Jamjams 10 months ago Reply

So here’s the question…

WHERE’S THE DLC?!?!

17. Jamjams 10 months ago Reply

And could you possibly include a rocket launcher or flame thrower?

Thanks!

18. im serious 10 months ago Reply

Hello,
    Will you be my boyfriend?
    Thank you.

19. epixpivotmaster 10 months ago Reply

+1 Respect
    +1 Respect
    +1 Respect
    +1 Respect
    +1 Respect
    +1 Respect
    +1 Respect

20. Adid1998 8 months ago Reply

Hi,I’ve just brought the The Stanley Parable via a recommendation from Nerd Cubed,but after nearly 5 hours of trying to get around missing executable error I’m giving up.I have done everything steam support have recommended and steam directed me to this website for help,I cant find anything about support on the site ,so I posted on a the blog,but any help will be great.

PS sorry if it did not make any sense.

• davey 8 months ago Reply

Hey, please email gran.pc (at) gmail (dot) com for tech support

21. nclitfest 8 months ago Reply

Hello Davey,

We are trying to get in touch!

Thank you!

–NC Literary Festival

• davey 8 months ago Reply

Hi there, please email me at dwreden (at) gmail (dot) com

22. Carol 8 months ago Reply

Dear Mr. Narrator,
    I’ll keep moving forward with you, together. And that nasty yellow adventure line has no place between us.
    Just you and me.
    Forever.
    Until we get confused and have a hard reset.

Then I’ll have to try to get lost again. C:

23. Bartek 6 months ago Reply

Stanley would appreciate this.
    Or would he?
    ;)

24. Jacob 6 months ago Reply

Hello, I’m a media student and was wondering if I would be able to use the first part of your soundtrack ‘Introducing Stanley’ in a short film me and some other fellow students are making. I would be very grateful if you allowed us permission to use it.

25. Joe 4 months ago Reply

I have linked YouTube to this page for my series on The Stanley Parable but to this day they have given me no confirmation on some of the videos. It just says “Monitoring for possible review.” Could you help me out here?

26. steeleagle23 (bryce) 3 months ago Reply

Hi I just got the game as a gift from a friend and when i press play after its downloaded it shows the startup steam box and says its playing for 5 seconds and just goes away. I have checked the files and deleted it then downloaded it again and it didn’t work. I even tried using it on a laptop instead of a computer and it didn’t work. Please HELP!!!

27. This software helps to transcribe and convert audio
    and video data, powerpoint presentations and documents into searchable data by timing them and indexing them in a database.

org, or join a company who will pair you up with suitable learners.

The addition of user-replaceable batteries is a sizable plus;
    if the inner rechargeable battery pack runs dry, you might pop in a couple of store-bought AA batteries and you’re back in business.
    Note that these performance enhancements don’t always extend to certain plugins.
    After the initial viewing, prepare the tape for digitizing
    by fully rewinding it. You are able to write whatever you have discovered.
    The hottest releases or most awaited games are expensive.

This stance is only a step forward in collaboration with associate clients in the areas of
    IT adoption lifecycle. Just choose Resource Tab >Select a path or click Add
    to browse the AVCHD. If you want to capture a Google video on windows
    media player or if you find a video online and want to record it, just free download Streaming Video Capture and
    start to capture video from Google now, you will
    be able to watch Google videos on any device.
    One component that continues to give many home theater owners
    trouble is the VCR. If you are NOT using component cables for your consoles,
    it may be worth buying the Hauppauge 1445 as it comes with a 2-1 component cable for PS3 and Xbox 360 (savings of at
    least $10 if you bought the Hauppauge 1212). The Institute crew was
    recommended to use the VGA2USB LR body grabber.
    Freight software is a perfect option for air
    freight and sea freight. This has made the internet to become a
    popular platform for business owners to promote their goods and services.
    DVD-Maker digitizes video with 4:2:2 sampling high video quality.
    The HD2 is much slimmer than the i – Phone,
    measuring in at just 11mm thick, 67mm wide and 121mm high.

For example, if you intend to connect your VCR to your Home Theater’s computer using a Coax Cable, you do not have the option to connect the VCR
    using RCA cables if your capture device only has a coax connection. Since I actually chose the Sony over other Cingular phones specifically for
    the music player, the music quality is important to me. Digital video capture basically means the
    re-attainment of motion images in digital formats from the
    analog formats. But, this time around the feature has been extended to the video camera.
    Here are the steps to cut VOB video into several clips.
    The grip is larger than itsd competitors, and it felt so perfect I actually thought for a split second I was holding my DSLR.

There are 2 different shades of grey for the Nexus One.

What is the point of form if the functionality is less
    than stellar.

28. If you desire to obtain a great deal from this paragraph then you have to apply these strategies to your won website.